Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This uses "pre-cooked" chicken but in this dish nobody will mind at all.
Make and share this Scalloped Chicken and Potatoes Elite recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick oil spray.
- Lay half of the potato slices on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with flour, garlic and chicken.
- Top with remaining potato slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, broth, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potato layers.
- Sprinkle Parmesan evenly on top.
- Cover dish tightly with foil, then bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes more or until lightly browned on top.
Made for PAC Spring/08 Babygirl...this was SO easy to make...I used my slicing attachment on my food processor for the potatoes so it was put togehter in minutes! I LOVE the garlic flavour and the nutmeg was just a lil "je ne sais quoi" in the sauce. I used light sour cream in place of whipping cream and it was awesome!
This has great flavor and has a multitude of different possibilities per family preference. I used redskin potatoes and 1/2 and 1/2 in place of whipping cream. Turned out great albeit a bit runny. But, no worries there as I drained it b/f serving. The parmesan cheese flavor definitely comes thru which is always a + in this household. I"m sure any type of grated cheese would work. Another good one Anna!! Made for 123 Hitwonders~
This was very tasty, like elegant comfort food. And soooo easy to make! I suggest roasting the garlic first. Also tried a low-fat version using just 1% milk, dotting layers with margarine, regular potatoes and sliced onions (I like the classics!) It's easy to adjust for cooking for one: just layer ingredients, then pour in milk until you can see it.