Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bake the potato dish right along with your roast or chicken. This is my family's favourite version of scalloped potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté onions in butter until soft.
- In a shallow baking dish layer sliced potatoes and onions, and sprinkle with garlic and seasonings between each layer.
- Bake at 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Add whipping cream, sprinkle paprika over top.
- Raise heat to 400° and bake 15-20 minutes longer, or until potatoes are soft.
- *For a tasty variation try adding 1/2 cup peas, 1/2 cup ham and 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese-- enjoy.
OH WOW...HOW YUMMY?!!!!!!!!<br/>Made as written, except used Philly low fat cooking cream, which has a hint of cream cheese about it.<br/>Comfort food at it's very best, this was thoroughly enjoyed and the leftovers fought over!!<br/>A big fat five stars for you loof!!!<br/>Made for AUS/NZ RECIPE SWAP#76.
I scaled back for 2 serves and used 4 small Carisma potatoes (low GI), 1 large and 1 small onion and left the rest of the ingredients as per 2 serves and got 3 very healthy serves which we all enjoyed. I particular liked the idea of sauteing off the onions till soft as I think it bought out their sweetness more, also parsley is liste3d in the ingredients but not in the directions I assumed it went in with the garlic and seasonings. I baked as directed at 175C fan forced and 195C fan forced and used an 8x8 cake tin. Thank you Baby Kato, made for Everyday A Holiday.
Great potatoes! Other than adding a little sea salt, and using 2 onions instead of 4 (DH is not a huge onion fan) I followed the recipe as written. They were nicely cooked and not swimming in cream sauce. I LOVED the sweetness of the onions and would have preferred to use the full amount required. Made for I Recommend Tag.