Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got the original recipe on here (Steak Seasoning for the Steak House#18556 by Darin Craven). The orginal recipe is for restaurant use therefore has large measurements of the ingredients. At the suggestion of one of the reviewers, I scaled it down for home use. This seasoning can be used on any type of meat as well as on fish and poultry.
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup until well blended.
- Pour into a spice jar and shake well.
I wanted a new rub for our steaks this evening. I cut the amount of nutmeg in half -- not a nutmeg lover. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. SOOOOOOOO good. The combination of spices gave it a unique taste that was wonderful. Thanks!
A definite keeper. I used it on some T-Bone steaks, marinated overnight and then pan seared them . When the steaks were done, I squeezed a bit of lemon over the seasonings that were left over in the pan, bring it to gentle boil, pour over the steaks. It was so good and I am not even a steak person.
This was ok, not outstanding. Felt that the celery seed was kind of overpowering.