Authentic Texas Chicken Fried Steak Seasoning Mix
Authentic Texas seasoning to use when making Chicken Fried Steak.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup table salt, minus 1 tbsp
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin (or to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together well & store in airtight jar or other container. Shake well before using. To use, simply.
- sprinkle over both sides of steak before proceeding with desired recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Used this seaoning with recipe# 123116 I cut the recipe in half and still had plenty left over after doin 4 lbs. of steak. I seasoned both sides of the steaks like directed and use a good helping of the seasoning in the flour mixture when dredging the steaks. My family is not much on spicyness so subbed Ancho Chili powder fo the cayanne at 1/2 the rate and used 1/2 hungarian paprika and 1/2 smoked paprika. Added a great taste to the steaks. I have enough left over for another round of Chicken Fried Steaks. So needless to say there will be a next time. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.Reply
see 1 more