Recipe by Allyoop
An easy dish that gives 2 different tastes depending on the liquid of choice
Top Review by Winnipeg *Mel*
These were quite tasty, I used consomme and left out the savory as I didn't have any in the house. These had alot of flavour and even my kids enjoyed them. Thank-you for a new way to make sausages that I will definately use again.
- 2 lbs sausages
- cold water, to cover
- 3 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup consomme or 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sausages in a cold frying pan.
- Cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drain sausages.
- Fry the sausages over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove sausages.
- Add onions, 1 tbsp water and sugar.
- Brown onions lightly.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the liquid and add savory.
- Bring to boil until thickened.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Return sausages and heat together.