Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this recipe. Easy to throw together and just a nice change from plain rice. Serve it with meat, pork, chicken...just anything.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can water
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cans mushrooms (6oz each) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a 2-quart casserole (Ungreased).
- Cover and bake 1 hour at 325.
The flavor was nice but it took an hour and twenty minutes to get the rice to cook all the way and it was still a little crispy. I'll make it again but I think next time I'll bump up the temp and add more water.
Perfect, creamy. Prepared as instructed. My DS had a second helping of this. Thank You bert-
This recipe is absolutely Fantastic! What can be easier than throwing ingredients together? I served this with #115954 Grilled Salmon. This was a perfect meal for my family to enjoy on our deck. Thanks for posting.