Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Your guests will love this comforting side dish, which adds a gourmet touch to any entree, such as pork, chicken or fish.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed French baguettes (1 inch cubes)
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and rough chop
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (preferably Red Hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add bread cubes; stir to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning. Cook and stir until bread begins to lightly brown. Remove from heat; transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add shallot; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender (do not brown). Add corn and bacon. Cook 3 minutes longer. Remove to a small bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream and 1 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning until combined. Stir in cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Gently fold in corn mixture and reserved bread cubes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Spoon into a 1-1/2 quart greased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine remaining topping ingredients; panko, parmesan cheese, remaining 1 T. of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning, lemon zest and thyme. set aside.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 25 minutes longer or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Delicious sounding ingredients - I can taste it already!!
This sounds great. I will be trying it this week.
Yummy! Perfect side dish.