1/1 Photo of Savory Corn and Bacon Bread Pudding #RSC
1 hr 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Your guests will love this comforting side dish, which adds a gourmet touch to any entree, such as pork, chicken or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed French baguettes (1 inch cubes)
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and rough chop
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (preferably Red Hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add bread cubes; stir to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning. Cook and stir until bread begins to lightly brown. Remove from heat; transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- 3To the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add shallot; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender (do not brown). Add corn and bacon. Cook 3 minutes longer. Remove to a small bowl to cool.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream and 1 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning until combined. Stir in cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Gently fold in corn mixture and reserved bread cubes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Spoon into a 1-1/2 quart greased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine remaining topping ingredients; panko, parmesan cheese, remaining 1 T. of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning, lemon zest and thyme. set aside.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 25 minutes longer or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Corn and Bacon Bread Pudding #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.7
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 1373.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix