Recipe by Krista Roes
If I have one, this is my “signature dish”. Had something similar as a bridal luncheon once and over the years it's evolved to be what it is now, a savory, slightly sweet delight to tickle your palate. I've served it to many guests over the years, all with rave reviews. I usually pair it with green beans almandine and rice flavored with chicken stock. The rice soaks up the extra raspberry cream sauce and is delightful.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Enjoyed this recipe very much. I did half the amounts, since there were only the two of us. I wish I had added the full amount of jam, because, although it was there, I didn't get the full flavor of the raspberry taste. Next time I will add the entire amount. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)
- 1 medium large onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onion in butter until it begins to caramelize and turns brown.
- Add chicken breast and cook through, turning frequently.
- Add raspberry vinegar and reduce liquid by 1/3.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and cream boiling for 5 minutes.
- Add raspberry jam to sauce being careful not to overdo it.