- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup barley
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil in a 4 qt saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except green onions, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn down to simmer, cooking for 45 minutes without removing lid.
- Fluff with a rice, garnish with green onions and serve.