Recipe by chia
quick and easy, i adapted this from a recipe in fine cooking for braising kale- this was so much quicker and tasted great!.
Top Review by Nif
Fantastic! The grocery store was completely out of mushrooms (really!) but this turned out amazingly well anyway. I loved the heat from the red pepper flakes and used more spinach than was called for. My mom really enjoyed it too and she's not a huge spinach fan! Made for the Cook-a-thon in chia's memory, along with her recipe #195950. Thanks chia!!!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup pancetta, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced or chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- freshly ground nutmeg, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in pan.
- add pancetta, onion, red pepper flakes and garlic, saute until tender, 5 minutes.
- add mushrooms, saute 5-7 mintes more.
- add spinach, saute until soft and add nutmeg and pepper to taste, stir in, remove from heat.
- season to taste and serve.