Creamy Peas and Pancetta
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 pancetta, rashers chopped finely
- 2 cups cream (I use a half fat cream, can use full fat or double cream)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked fresh peas (can use frozen, you can add them straight into the cream without cooking.)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- mint, sprinkle with some chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Melt butter in a pan, add onion, garlic and bacon, cook until onion is soft and bacon cooked.
- In a saucepan add cream, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, to reduce slightly, Approx 4-5 Min's.
- Add onion garlic mix, cheese and peas, stir to heat through and melt cheese, approx 3-4 Min's. If using frozen peas cook a little longer.
- Add cayenne and season with salt and pepper if desired, cook for a further minute or two, until nice and hot and thickened slighlty.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Nothing like a fast-&-easy AND tasty side like this one! Made this just as written, although I'm not a big fan of mint so sprinkled some just for my other half to enjoy! A most satisfying way to prepare this great veggie! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my group mates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #30]
Oh my, I loved this, and I'm NOT going to think about my hips..... :lol: So simple but rich and with buckets of flavour, I was so grateful that the family didn't quite finish off the dish, so I could finish it off myself in the kitchen!!! I love peas at the best of times and this is the Very best of times! I could eat this every night. I did use bacon, we don't really get pancetta here, so I used around 125 gr chopped bacon. Excellent... yum! Made for Aus/NZ swap#30
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>