Southern Butter Beans (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 4 cups fresh butter beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ham soup base (Better than Bouillon) or 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Place washed butter beans in slow cooker (I use a 1.5 qt size).
- Add butter, bouillon, and salt.
- Add water to cover and stir to mix ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours, then cook on LOW for 2-3 hours or til butter beans are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Retired at last!