I love entertaining & try to serve dishes that not only taste great but also have a fabulous presentation. This appetizer, served in a martini glass is unique!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup daikon radishes or 1/4 cup alfalfa sprout, chopped
- 1/4 cup radish, julienne
- 1/8 cup shiitake mushroom, julienne
- 1/4 cup snow peas, julienne
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- season with salt & pepper
- 1GAZPACHO: Mix peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes juice, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- 2Season with salt, pepper and chill.
- 3RADISH SALAD: Mix the following ingredients just before serving: the daikon, baby radish, shiitakes, snow peas, basil and rice wine vinegar.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5SHRIMP: Sauté the shrimp and fresh ginger in olive oil over medium to high heat for approx 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Presentation: Fill the martini glass half way with cold gazpacho.
- 8Place approximately 3 tbsp of radish salad in the center of the glass.
- 9Then place three sautéed shrimp over the rim of the glass.
- 10Garnish with chervil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Shrimp with Chilled Gazpacho & Radish Salad
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 569.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar