Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the foodtv.com kitchens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 heads fennel, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add the oil, garlic, fennel, and start tossing, to coat fennel in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- As the fennel starts to caramelize, add a splash of water to steam for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
Quick, easy, simple and delicious! I added an extra clove of garlic, and was thinking of maybe using less oil next time. Would make again - took away the 'licorice' taste which many people are picky about
This was great. For some reason I thought that the recipe included onions. But luckily onions went good with it. This is the easiest way I've ever cooked fennel. Thanks for the recipe :)
Fennel is good cooked down like this, it gets a little bit sweeter. I used a shallot instead of the garlic and it carmelized down along with the fennel and tasted great! Thanks for the recipe!!