Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This adapated from Barefoot Contessa Family cookbook. This is one of our family favorites and very easy to prepare. Buy fresh carrots with tops.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dill, chopped (or flat-leaf parsley)
- Slice carrots on the diagonal in about 1/4 inch slices.
- In 1/4 cup salted water, add carrots with black pepper in a saute pan and cook until just cooked through (Careful to not over-cook).
- Add the butter and saute for another minute. (Water should evaporate and carrots are coated with the butter.
- Add dill or parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
again not a big fan of these either....the dill does not compliment the carrots at all
A good basic recipe for preparing fresh carrots. I used fresh parsely in place of the dill. Thanks for posting.