Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Feta cheese in a pan crust, what could be better?
For the pine nut herb sauce
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt
For the cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs feta cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Combine all ingredients for the pine nut sauce in a bowl and season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the feta cheese into ½ inch slices. Put the flour on a large plate.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. When the oil is smoking, dredge the cheese in flour, and add the cheese to the pan. Brown for about 1 minute on each side, until golden brown.
- Squeeze lemon over the cheese, then carefully transfer to a serving platter. Spoon the chopped herb sauce over the cheese and serve.