Jan's Pan Fried Chicken, Bacon and Feta Cheese
- Ready In:
- Cut the bacon - either streaky or back bacon into small 1cm cubes. (You could use diced pancetta, although it may be a bit too salty).
- Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips.
- Cut the feta into cubes.
- Pan fry the bacon until well cooked, the more caramelised, sticky bits in pan the better! (You may need to add a little oil to the pan if you use back bacon).
- Remove when cooked and set aside.
- Do not wash the pan at this stage, keep the nice brown sticky bits in the pan and use to fry the chicken. As the chicken has been thinly sliced it wont take long to cook through.
- Now put the bacon back in the pan on top of the chicken along with the feta cubes, lower the heat for a couple of minutes until the feta just begins to melt.
- Be careful not to overcook or it will look a mess!
- Serve straight away.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is me, I am married to Paul and we live in Telford, Shropshire UK. I LOVE cooking. Paul likes to try my recipes - so we're both very happy people! My favorite cook books are all by 'Nigel Slater' he is the best - he's recipes are just so yummy! We live 15 minutes walk away from the famous 'Ironbridge'. It was the worlds first bridge made of cast iron and was built in 1779 I have a blog called 'What Do I Want To Cook Today'. To see it just click the link below. <a href="http://whatdoiwant2cooktoday.blogspot.com/">http://whatdoiwant2cooktoday.blogspot.com/.</a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/what-do-i-want-to-cook-today"><img src="http://widgetserver.com/images/add-widgetbox.gif" /></a>