- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsof prewashed spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a very large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic and cook until almost tender, about 6 minutes. Add the broth, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add one third of the spinach and cook it until it just begins to wilt. Continue adding the spinach one large handful at a time, sautéing just until it begins to wilt before adding more.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.