Maple Cinnamon Sage Brown Butter
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Giada's "Everyday Italian"
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted add the sage leaves.
- Continue to cook, swirling the butter occasionally, until the foam subsides and the milk solids begin to brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the cinnamon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Careful, the mixture will bubble up. Gently stir the mixture.
- When the bubbles subside, the sauce is done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION