Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The sauce is also good with cooked shrimp or meatballs. An old recipe from a garage sale recipe box. The one ingredient should read 'beef soup base mix' but I couldn't get that ingredient to come up with the word 'soup' in it.
- 1 lb sausage (Schneider's Mini-Sizzlers)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons beef base, mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Cook sausages as directed on package; drain well on paper towels.
- Cut sausages into chunks.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Simmer sauce for 20 minutes.
- Warm the sausage chunks.
- Stick with toothpicks.
- Serve sausage chunks with sauce.
Loved the flavours in this dip the horseradish gives it a nice kick. This would make a great condiment for hambergers and hotdogs too, I'll be making this again. Thanks you