Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really good dish that my family loves. I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 lb smoked chorizo sausage, cooked & sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1⁄4 cups uncooked arborio rice or 2 1⁄4 cups long-grain rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cooked peeled deveined (thawed if frozen and tails removed)
- 1 cup English pea
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat broth to boiling in 2-quart saucepan; stir in saffron. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large paella pan or 3-inch deep 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Move sausage to one side of pan. Add bell peppers and onion to pan.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and tomatoes; heat to boiling.
- Stir in rice, wine and heated broth mixture; heat to boiling. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in shrimp and peas.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.