Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good Sunday Football fare! Watch em disappear! Got this one from a community cookbook.
Make and share this Sausage Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb mild pork sausage (whichever you prefer) or 1 lb spicy pork sausage (whichever you prefer)
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce
- Let sausage come to room temperature. (this is very important or mixute will be too dry).
- Mix all ingredients together well using your hands and shape into small balls.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 375 or until lightly browned.
- Yield 30.
I've been making these for years, and my mom did before me. They freeze really well too. Sometimes I add a dash of garlic, chopped onion or red pepper to the mixture -- and it's easiest to mix if you just dig your hands in there. yum -- I'll be making some soon for the holidays!
People LOVE these. I think they are fine but everyone gobbles them up and raves so all I can do is continue making them. I love that they can be made the day ahead - reheated. Great hot, warm, room temp, cold - doesn't matter so they are very versatile. I doubled the recipe but only used 1 3/4 cup bisquick mix and ended up putting a small splash of milk in to get my mixture to finally all stick. They bake up quick and easy! Do note that they do "puff up" and grow while baking so you don't to size them accordingly before baking. I like mine to be about 2 bites worth. Thanks for sharing Little Bee!
My friend made these and they are fantastic! She said they were very easy to do and I know everyone loved them - there wasn't one left!