This is the first Weight Watchers recipe I've used, and, boy, am I glad I did! The stew is SO tasty and easy. Even better, the recipe can be modified according to what you have on hand. For instance, I used spinach instead of broccoli rabe and a small white onion since in the place of the red, and instead of the Italian sausage, I used kielbasa. I also added lots of red pepper flakes and some cayenne, too. So have fun with this recipe! I can hardly wait to hear what you think of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
- salt, to taste (use seasoned salt if you like)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, cleaned and coarsely chopped or 1 bunch spinach or 1 bunch kale
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a stockpot or large nonstick skillet, heat the oil.
- 2Crumble the sausage into the skillet, and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. (NOTE: If you're using kielbasa, just saute briefly until it browns).
- 3Add the onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper, stirring as needed, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the broccoli rabe, tomatoes and beans; cook until the broccoli rabe is wilted, about five minutes. (If you're using fresh spinach, it will wilt! I promise.
- 5Just cover it with the bean and sausage mixture and let it cook for about 5 minutes).
- 6Top with cheese if desired and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and White Bean Stew (Weight Watchers)
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 958.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: