Corn Flake Oven-Fried Chicken
My sister is a big Weight watchers follower and this is her recipe. I've used bone-in chicken pieces (legs, thighs,etc..)and it always turns out good.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup prepared biscuit mix (I use all- purpose flour)
- 2 (1 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix (dry)
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour buttermilk into shallow glass or plastic bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, crush cereal with rolling pin. Add Bisquick mix or flour and dressing mix (dry) to cereal in bag. Remove chicken from buttermilk; discard buttermilk. Add chicken to cereal mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is very easy to make, and pretty quick also! I used 1/2 cornflake crumbs and half panko, instead of all cornflake crumbs....just not a huge cornflake fan. These turned out very nicely, and they had the advantage of being fairly light calorie wise! Mine weren't nice and golden, so I turned the broiler on for a couple of minutes to get them nice and golden brown on top. Thanks for sharing!