Recipe by KelBel
Quick and Simple soup. Pure comfort food. Serve with garlic bread.
Top Review by nemokitty
I needed to use up italian sausage and tortellini and this was perfect! I left out the diced tomatoes since we don't care for tomatoey soups and added a shallot and diced carrots. Very delicious mixture. We also have leftovers for later. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook and stir sausage and garlic until done. Drain.
- Add broth and tortellini; heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomatoes; simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese.