Tortellini Spinach Soup
A quick and easy soup for any time of the day.
- Ready In:
- 2 (9 ounce) packages creamed spinach, defrosted according to package directions (Stouffer's)
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix (Knorr)
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini (Buitoni)
- parmesan cheese
- Heat water and soup mix in large saucepan to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Add tortellini and creamed spinach, cook for 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Top each serving with parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Verry good. I used Knorr kosher veg soup mix which is a larger pouch than the 1 1/2 oz so I doubled everything and made a nice big pot. I also used dried tortellini since I had them on hand so I cooked them in another pot but flavored the water with veg boullion cubes. The only thing I didn't love was the knorr soup. The flavor was nice but I didn't like the little bits of dried out veggies in it. I may try this with other veg soup mixes that dont have actual veggies and then add some peas and carrots to the soup pot as I think they would be a great additon. Overall, this was a very yummy soup and so simple to make. Stouffers makes the BEST creamed spinach and it was a great idea to use it here. Using the dried tortellini means that I can keep these ingredients on hand all the time for unexpected company or unexpected lazyness. Thanks so much for posting this. Oh, this was enough of a meal for us but it would be very good with garlic bread on the side.Reply
see 13 more