Recipe by wife2abadge
I got this from a fundraiser cookbook. It's mild enough that my girls liked it, yet tasty enough for dh and me.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This is a tasty casserole that makes a lot; it would be great for a potluck. I had some fully-cooked spicy sausage that I used for this, so I cut the sausage into thin slices instead of crumbling. I also had some sliced fresh mushrooms that I added with the pepper and onion. This filled my 9x13 pan to the very top.
- 1 lb mild turkey sausage
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage from casing and cook in a large skillet with onion and green pepper til browned.
- Stir in spaghetti and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked macaroni, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and all of the Parmesan cheese in the pasta pot; add the sauce mixture.
- Turn into a 9x13 glass baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degress for 30 minutes.