1/1 Photo of Sausage and Grits Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Yet another winner from Ms. Paula H. Deen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked grits
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage (if you need to use links, finely dice the cooked links)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Cook the grits in 4 cups of salted water until done (follow package directions) Saute the sausage and onions, breaking the sausage into small pieces.
- 3Drain the grease from the sausage and onions.
- 4Add the chilies, butter, eggs, cheese and Tabasco to the cooked grits.
- 5Combine the sausage and onions with the grits mixture.
- 6Pour everything into a 9"x 13" casserole and garnish with the paprika and parsley.
- 7The mixture can be refrigerated for up to two days before baking (bring to room temperature before baking to use the same bake time).
- 8Bake at 325°F for one (1) hour.
- 9This also freezes well.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage and Grits Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.2
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.2 mg
- Sodium 942.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 29.8 g