Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great breakfast dish that my BF's family gave to us.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk)
- 1 lb sausage (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In mixer cut in butter.
- With mixer on, slowly add buttermilk until dough forms.
- On a floured surface need dough until smooth.
- Roll out into a rectangular form until it is about 1/4 an inch thick.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together sausage, syrup, and mustard.
- Spread sausage mixture over dough.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage mixture.
- Roll dough into a log.
- Cut 1 inch pieces from the log and place on greased baking sheet. (A serrated bread knife works best).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!