Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very mild and somewhat sweet sauce. I put it on one pork shoulder blade steak but there is enough to cover two steaks. This recipe is very versatile, so if you want to spice it up, you can. I did not want to call it a BBQ sauce since it has no "smokey" flavor in it. Cooking more steaks may take additional time to cook in the crockpot.
- 1 pork blade steak
- 1 cup undiluted tomato soup (about 3/4 can)
- 3 -4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 4 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
- Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before using.
- Trim excess fat from pork steak.
- If possible, cut it in half.
- Put half of the pork steak in bottom of a crockpot.
- Spread some of the sauce on top of the steak.
- Lay the other half on top of that.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce onto the steak.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Turn down to low and cook another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender and falling off the bone.
Very simple recipe for a cheap cut of meat. Super easy comfort food that the whole family enjoyed. I made using 2 pork steaks, the whole can of soup, 4tbs worsh, 3tbs beer, 4tbs chili sauce, 1 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar. We ended up pouring the extra sauce over everything - the baked beans and the baked potatoes.
this was very simple to put together. The pork was very tender, I could cut it with a fork. Made as written, except for beer because I didn't have any.
This makes a very tender pork steak, and I added a teaspoon of smoked paprika because I like the "smoky" barbeque flavor. I served the extra sauce over noodles. Thanks Aunt Woofie for a great recipe. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.