Saucy Slowcooker Steak
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, chopped finely (medium size)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reserved juice from canned tomato
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- In a skillet, heat oil, then brown steak on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to med-low, then add onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper to pan, then cover and cook until veggies are a little softened - about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the veggies and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then add tomatoes, reserved juice, and worchestershire. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened, then add bay leaf.
- Pour tomato mixture over steak into the slow cooker and cook on low 8 - 10 hours or on high 4 - 5 hours, until meat is tender.
- Discard bay leaf and serve with crusty bread or buttered noodles.
Join The Conversation
Photo may be seen here in the Savor gallery: www.annacia.com .You just have to love the crock pot. This came out great and DH even had two servings. Tender enough that no knives were needed and lots of rich flavor. I included 4 whole carrots (young organic ones). The sauce was delish with the noodles. Yummy :D. Made for ZWT 9
A delicious and comforting crock pot meal. The recipe was reduced to 4 servings. I added in a couple of carrots that were cut into 1 inch chunks. The onions, celery and meat were browned for added depth. This was served with Recipe #458062 for a delicious and comforting meal. I would definitely make this again. Made for ZWT7.
I made this, but didn't use the slow cooker method. I coated the meat in a flour, garlic salt and pepper combination and then browned it. Then I added the other veggies and let them cook for a bit, until tender. Then I added the remaining ingredients, covered it and let it simmer for about an hour. So delicious and tender!!! I served it with mashed potatoes and gravy, that I thickened from the sauce, and corn on the cob. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 7.