Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy rice pudding recipe, but delicious! Takes about 15 minutes. I used only 1/2 the nutmeg called for in the recipe.
- In saucepan, combine 2 cups milk, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and raisins.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat: boil slowly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix eggs with the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, then slowly add to hot mixture, stirring vigorously with a fork.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.