1/2 Photos of Santa Fe Vegetable Wrap
This recipe, from The Whole Foods Market Cookbook, is an explosion of traditional Southwest flavors and textures. If you want to add a little heat, try mixing a teaspoon of chipotle chili in adobo sauce to the cream cheese before spreading it on the tortilla. Serve these with a bit of tomato salsa and sour cream or plain yogurt on the side for dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 inch) whole wheat tortillas, any flavor
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo (optional)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices red onions (thin slices)
- 1/2 cup jicama, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fresh sweet corn or 1/4 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1Spread the tortilla thinly with the cream cheese.
- 2Place 2 lettuce leaves over the cream cheese.
- 3Layer the pepper Monterey Jack cheese over the lettuce.
- 4Layer the tomato, avocado, onion and jicama over the cheese.
- 5Spoon on the corn and black beans evenly. Top with the remaining lettuce leaf, and roll tightly.
- 6Slice in half diagonally.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Vegetable Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.3
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 346.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas