Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From "Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer"
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Thaw spinach. Drain and squeeze as much of the liquid out of it as you can.
- Place cream cheese, parmesan cheese and mayo in a mixing bowl. Beat until blended.
- Stir in the spinach, jack cheese, green chiles, cumin and tabasco sauce. (you may use more tabasco to taste).
- To Serve immediately:.
- Spoon into a 1 quart baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Serve with chips or crackers.
- To Freeze:.
- Line a 1 quart baking dish with foil. Allow the foil to extend over the edges quite a bit. Then line with a piece of plastic wrap that is the same size as the foil.
- Spoon the dip mixture into the lined pan. Wrap the plastic wrap over the top of the dip to seal. Then do the same with the foil. Place pan in the freezer and freeze until solid. Remove foil/plastic wrapped dip from pan and place in a labeled freezer bag. Freeze until needed.
- To serve:.
- Remove from freezer. Unwrap foil and plastic wrap and discard. Place solid dip into original pan you froze it inches Thaw in fridge. (or microwave) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with chips or crackers.
I can't believe I've never rated this one, it's one of my favorites- and a staple to keep on hand for parties. I usually freeze this in a quart size freezer bag, then thaw and put in a baking dish when I want to serve it.
absolutely delicious! It's so much better thanyour average spinach dip and goes well with chips or crackers. Great appetizer for a crowd. I leave out the hot sauce b/c the kids don't like it. Other than that it's perfect. It freezes and thaws great. I've made it many, many times since I first found it and it's always in my freezer for football season.
Oh my gosh! This is sooo yummy! This is now my favorite spinach dip! I made and froze (and reheated) exactly as written. I'll have to make a double batch next time...