Sour Cream Cornbread
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix together and stir in cornmeal.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, sour cream and oil.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- If making into muffins, bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool, wrap tightly and freeze for a later time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow. The best and most moist cornbread we've had in a long time here. I used a white/wheat flour combo and found, as I was using up the last of my sour cream, that I didn't have the amount needed. So I got creative and used plain yogurt for the rest. Both of those products were fat free. The batter was a little stiffer than I am used to, but it rose up nice and fluffy and was just delicious with some red beans and rice tonight. Thanks Jill. This was great!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My DH and I live in Arizona. We have five children ages 24, 20, 16, and 14 year old twins. I LOVE to cook and find it a lot of fun and very relaxing. I have an extensive cookbook collection and enjoy reading them. <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/BtoBHosts.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/freezer.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><a href=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view?t=daringdingos.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/daringdingos.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><a href=http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish2.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish2.jpg border=0 alt=Recipezaar Challenge 2008 /></a></p>