Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Picked up this recipe from an Oprah Show I watched. Tried it and made it my own. I have marinated this dish from 24 hours to just a few minutes but love it anyway. It somehow feels like it is Indian. Maybe the spices give it that effect.
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (I use rum and water combo or stock and rum)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl well.
- Pour into a shallow baking pan and lay the chicken breasts in.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour (to even 2 days. But I would advise that if you are keeping it for over an hour or two do not add the lime juice to it. Add it a couple of hours prior to cooking it.) Preheat the broiler.
- After one hour, when the chicken has absorbed all the flavors of the marinade, pour in the white wine and the chopped cilantro.
- Broil the chicken under a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, basting it with the juices to keep it moist.
- Serve it in the pan juices.
- P.S. You can bake(at 180C) and pan grill this too with equally good results.
This chicken is 'to die for'! It's so easy...I marinated it for about 2 hours and used a 2001 Mosel-Saar-Ruwer for the white wine...I have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't drink wine, it was given to me as a hostess gift. Anyway, the chicken was wonderful and the picky-eaters went for seconds! We had this with steamed rice and broccoli for a very healthy dinner. Thanks for sharing this recipe Fay, it's a keeper :)
This recipe is from a cookbook entitled "The Healthy Kitchen" by Dr. Andrew Weil and Rosie Daley. Rosie used to be Oprah's personal chef. I followed Dr. Weil many years ago and that's when I purchased the cookbook. This was always one of my favorite recipes from the book, glad to see it posted here!
I've made this chicken many times because I generally have all these ingredients in my house and it's super easy. Thanks!