Chicken Salad Santa Fe
photo by YaYa1689
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Combine the chicken, peppers, olives, onion, and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, and spices.
- Toss the vegetable/meat mixture with the mayo dressing. Cover and chill until time for serving.
- When serving, place on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wish I could give this 50 stars! Eating it made me feel so much better after a bad day and DBF rated it a "keeper", a status that has only been granted to a handful or so of dishes. I only added olives to his salad because I don't care for them, and I completely eliminated the cilantro for the same reason. I left out the sour cream because I had run out, but I added more mayo to compensate for the creaminess. Served the chicken mixture over lettuce, sprinkled it with a little cheese and some crushed tortilla chips. This was truly a wonderful salad that I will be coming back to time and time again!