Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in one of those Pillsbury cookbooks you can buy at the supermarket checkout stand more than 10 years ago. I'm consolidating all the recipes I liked from those cookbooks here and this one is super easy and delicious. I've made some revisions from the original to reflect my family's taste. Comments are welcome! UPDATE: I've also used pineapple salsa instead of traditional and it added a sweeter taste -- definitely worth a try!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4-1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 11 ounces corn, canned or 11 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons ripe olives, sliced (I omit the olives)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use these instead of the olives)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips (optional)
- flour tortilla (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken and cook 3-5 minutes until no longer pink. Sprinkle cumin over the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in corn, salsa and olives and/or beans.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese and serve immediately.
- Serve with tortilla chips crushed on top OR use the chips to scoop up the chicken.
- Alternatively, you can skip the chips and wrap the chicken mixture in flour tortillas.
I added onions and topped with guacamole. This was good. Thanks for the recipe.
Loved how easy this dish is! I didn't add the cheese into the mix since we are trying to eat lighter. I just added a little on the top after dishing up. We ate it with the flour tortillas - good. Then my husband ate ALL the rest the next day for lunch. He loves it - you would have thought I had put steak in there as much as he raved about it. I am doing this one again! (and again since it is so easy!) Thanks SGpratt!
WOW!! This recipe is amazing! I accidentally bought a can of cream corn instead of regular, but it still tasted great! I think next time I might boild and shred the chicken and make it into a kind of soup instead. This is a recipe I will use over and over again!