Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a copy of a salad from one of our favorite restaurants.
- 10 ounces mixed field lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola
- 3⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1 full chicken breast, grilled
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Place chopped lettuce in bowl. Add cheese, walnuts and basil and toss. Serve with chicken on top.
- For dressing, add all ingredients to blender and blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve salad. Makes 3 cups, so there will be some to save.
This salad was so delicious! My photo does not come close to doing it justice. The flavor/texture combo is outstanding. Crunchy toasted walnuts, sweet spicy basil, and sharp yummy gorgonzola, with my favorite salad dressing of sweet tangy balsamic drizzled over the top. You might notice the absence of a chicken breast in my photo. I had a beautiful chicken breast cooked off and ready to slice when I went to work this morning. DS stayed home from school, chicken breast disappeared. Do you think there is a connection? ;) Thanks for sharing Sue, all 3 of your recipes I tried for *PAC Spring 2008* were amazing! ~Brenda