Apple Gorgonzola Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
My take on the apple gorgonzola salad at Buca di Beppo. I have also made the dressing using Apple Cider Vinegar in place of the Balsamic with excellent results. It is a family and friend favorite!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces romaine lettuce (I prefer spring mix or artisan lettuces)
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto (baked and crumbled) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup olive oil
- If using proscuitto, lay very thin slices on baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, watching so it doesn't burn.
- To toast walnuts, place on baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, watching so they don't burn.
- Toss lettuces, apples, walnuts, cranberries, gorgonzola cheese and proscuitto.
- To prepare dressing, combine anchovy paste, vinegar, water, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into blender (or use an emulsion blender). Mix in blender; slowly adding 1 cup oil. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine salad and dressing, serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION