Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is a good one to do with a bunch of kids or grandkids. It's a lot of fun to make and the kids will remember it for years to come.
Top Review by fatefellshort0626
This recipe did not work at all. I followed all the instructions precisely and it turned out to look like this nasty brown brittle chunk. It tastes like peanut brittle without peanuts.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon flavoring (your choice)
- food coloring (your choice, to your likeness on color)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 1-1/2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in next four ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, until temperature reaches 260°F, or until a hard but plastic ball is formed in cold water.
- AFTER BOILING HAS CEASED, stir in flavoring and coloring.
- Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Grease hands and pull until it has a satin-like finish and light color.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Wrap in waxed paper.