Salt Water Pull Taffy
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon food coloring, of your choice
- 3⁄4 tablespoon extract, flavoring of your choice
- Combin Sugar, Corn syrup, Salt, and Water in a 2 quart pan.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly till suagr dissovles.
- Heat mixture without stirring, until it reaches a hard boil stage. about 260*.
- Remove from heat, mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil, lightly spray pam on it, and pour the taffy onto the cookie sheet.
- Cool until just able to handle.
- Butter hands--gather taffy into a ball and pull.
- Continue to pull until light in color and hard to pull.
- Divide into fourths (1/4).
- Pull each fourth (1/4) into a 1/2" thick rope.
- Cut into 1" pieces using a knife.
- Wrape individually in wax paper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!