1/1 Photo of Salsa Verde - Green Tomatillo Sauce for Enchiladas
Green sauce to serve with enchilladas, tacos, etc. Great with chicken or turkey enchilladas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in saucepan and stir in onion and almonds.
- 2Cook until onion is soft and almonds and lightly browned.
- 3Simmer tomatillos in chicken broth until soft if using fresh ones. Drain canned tomatillos.
- 4Whirl tomatillos with liquid in blender or food processor until fairly smooth Add to onions; stir in cilantro and chilis.
- 5Add chicken broth and simmer rapidly, until reduced to 2 1/2 cups
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Verde - Green Tomatillo Sauce for Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (1664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.9
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 626.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g