Salsa Verde: Green Tomatillo Salsa (Rick Bayless)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Next time I make this I won't put in as much water. Too me the texture was a little runnier than I like. Flavor was excellent. Recipe courtesy of Food Network and Rick Bayless. Luckily, I tripled this recipe (posted as written).
- Ready In:
- 5 -6 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- fresh hot green chili, to taste (2 serranos or 1 jalapeno, stemmed)
- 5 -6 sprigs fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (thick stems removed)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Roughly chop tomatillos and the chiles. In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatillos, chiles, cilantro, and 1/4 cup water.
- Process to a coarse puree, then scrape into a serving dish.
- Rinse the onion under cold water, then shake to remove the excess moisture. Stir into the salsa and season with salt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION