Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this reipe from Allrecipes years ago and modified it to suit our tastes. It is a family favorite! Do not leave the Sour Creeam or Green Oniions out they make the dish!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle with green onions.
Maximum satisfaction with minimum hassle! I like this equation. Fantastic meal to suit most tastes, I'm sure.
This was fabulous! It was beautiful, super easy and YUMMY! We'll be having this one again. I served it with refried black beans. So easy, dump the can into a corning ware dish and put it in the oven with the chicken. Then, after removing from the oven, sprinkle a little of the shredded cheese.
Very tasty chicken dish. Easy to put together with great flavours. I used lite sour cream and served with steamed rice.