Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I tried these I was so AMAZED! I admit, when I first came across this recipe I was skeptical. Once I made these I quickly posted the recipe here on ZAAR for safe keeping and of course to share with everyone! Try these! You will be so glad that you did! These are so fast, simple and tasty I wondered what took me so long to try them in the first place! For fastest results use a can or pouch of boneless skinless of salmon. These are to die for though when made with some leftover grilled salmon. I have even been successful getting dh to grill them outside for me. :) Any way you make these, we hope you enjoy them as much as we do. Hey, they are even special enough to serve guests! Who would think of a quesadilla with such great ingredients? Enjoy!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 170.09 g canned salmon, boneless skinless (if using regular canned just drain. flake and remove bones ) or 170.09 g cooked salmon (leftovers work great here )
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (about 6 inches in size) or 4 corn tortillas, whatever you prefer
- 354.88 ml monterey jack pepper cheese or 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and saute garlic for about 1 minute or until tender but not brown. Stir in salmon, basil and pepper. Cook over medium heat just until warm. (For one less pan to wash I sometimes do this in my microwave in a small glass bowl and it comes out great. Microwaves vary- mine only takes a minute).
- Meanwhile assemble quesadillas: 1 tortilla, a quarter of the cheese, and a quarter of the salmon mixture, fold in half spray pan with cooking spray and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Spray top of quesadilla and flip. Continue to cook 1 or 2 more minutes or until golden brown. Can also be sprayed and baked all at once on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until browned and cheese has melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Guacamole and sour cream make nice garnishes but these are great as is.
I used cooked salmon. I used cheddar cheese. It was yummy. Thanks Hope :) Made for Name that Ingredient tag game
I have been making these for some time now. I usually have the ingredients on hand for when I don't have any leftovers for lunch. Today I threw in some chopped onions with the garlic and I think I like it even better. Thanks for a yummy and healthy recipe!
these were great. I used some frozen salmon fillets. what could be easier that throwing these together in no time for a quick Friday night dinner.