1/2 Photos of Salmon Quesadillas - Simple and Sooo Yummy!
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
When I tried these I was so AMAZED! I admit, when I first came across this recipe I was skeptical. Once I made these I quickly posted the recipe here on ZAAR for safe keeping and of course to share with everyone! Try these! You will be so glad that you did! These are so fast, simple and tasty I wondered what took me so long to try them in the first place! For fastest results use a can or pouch of boneless skinless of salmon. These are to die for though when made with some leftover grilled salmon. I have even been successful getting dh to grill them outside for me. :) Any way you make these, we hope you enjoy them as much as we do. Hey, they are even special enough to serve guests! Who would think of a quesadilla with such great ingredients? Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces canned salmon, boneless skinless (if using regular canned just drain. flake and remove bones ) or 6 ounces cooked salmon (leftovers work great here )
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (about 6 inches in size) or 4 corn tortillas, whatever you prefer
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Spray a skillet with cooking spray and saute garlic for about 1 minute or until tender but not brown. Stir in salmon, basil and pepper. Cook over medium heat just until warm. (For one less pan to wash I sometimes do this in my microwave in a small glass bowl and it comes out great. Microwaves vary- mine only takes a minute).
- 2Meanwhile assemble quesadillas: 1 tortilla, a quarter of the cheese, and a quarter of the salmon mixture, fold in half spray pan with cooking spray and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Spray top of quesadilla and flip. Continue to cook 1 or 2 more minutes or until golden brown. Can also be sprayed and baked all at once on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until browned and cheese has melted.
- 3Cut into wedges and serve.
- 4Guacamole and sour cream make nice garnishes but these are great as is.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Quesadillas - Simple and Sooo Yummy!
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 588.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g