Recipe by garymartin
this is a recipe that came to me one day when i was bored & wanted to cook something. delicious on any occasion...warm, filling & damn tasty!...see what you think!...
Top Review by abby 12
very nice meal,if you love salmon and potatoes then this recipe is perfect. I didnt change anything in the ingredients, well done GaryMartin.I will make this for my family often.
- 2 salmon fillets, cubed
- 5 large potatoes, peeled &, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- strong cheddar cheese or parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons strong mustard
- black pepper
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- to start with, take the potatoes - more or less if desired, adjust ingredients amounts to suit how many people are being catered for - peel & rinse them.
- slice the potatoes into relatively thin slices & then place into a saucepan with lightly salted boiling water.
- par boil for about 10 minutes approx' or until slightly soft.
- meanwhile, rinse the salmon & then chop into small chunks.
- once the potatoes have boiled sufficiently, drain them off & then place potatoe slices into an oven proof dish, overlapping each other.
- on top of that, add a generous amount of the salmon chunks & season to taste.
- once done, add milk to a saucepan & bring to the boil.
- grate your strong cheddar cheese.
- once boiled, add cornflour to a cup with a little amount of milk in the bottom & stir thoroughly to form a smooth paste.
- then, slowly add the milky paste a little at a time to the boiling milk - being sure to keep stirring the whole time to avoid lumps.
- repeat this action until the milk has thickened to become 'sauce' like.
- when it does, add the garlic, red chilli, mustard, strong cheddar cheese & fresh parsley & stir thoroughly until nice & smooth.
- bring back to the boil & then reduce heat & simmer for 5-10 minutes more until all the flavours have infused together, stirring all the time to ensure there are no lumps in the sauce.
- again, season to taste if need be, stir again then pour over the potatoes & salmon chunks in the oven proof dish.
- grate a generous amount of fresh parmesan cheese over the top & then place in a pre-heated (190C degrees approx') oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until fully cooked.
- you can crisp the top up if you like using the grill.
- once cooked, remove from the oven, garnish with a little more parsley & serve! --
- adjust cooking times & temps in accordance with your oven.
- if you love or hate this recipe or if you can think of a better way to cook it, please let me know, thank you & enjoy! -- .