Swiss Chicken Wrap With Honey Mustard Sauce
Tender-roasted chicken breasts immersed in an herb rub and paired a tangy honey mustard are topped off with a cilantro-infused creamy Swiss cheese spread and a harvest of fresh garden vegetables, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. This Swiss Chicken Wrap with Honey Mustard can be served either for lunch or as main dinner entree.
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 6 (3/4 ounce) wedges Laughing Cow light swiss cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 romaine leaves (or fresh spinach leaves)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 wide strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Very lightly spray an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish with a no-stick cooking spray.
- Rub olive oil on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Mix together the garlic salt, parsley, basil and chicken bouillon. Rub the herb mixture into both sides of the chicken breasts. Place the chicken in the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-45 minutes at 350° or until thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. (Baking time can vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.).
- Once done, let the chicken cool until you can easily handle with your hands. Then cut the chicken breasts into strips about 5 or 6 inches in length and about 1/4 to 1/3 inch in width. Set aside.
- Remove the cheese wedges from their foil wrapper and place in a bowl. Add the chopped cilantro leaves, and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- To prepare the Chicken wraps, place each tortilla on a plate. Spread ¼ of the cheese-cilantro mixture on each tortilla. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard sauce on top of the cheese spread. Place 1 romaine leaf (or fresh spinach leaves) on each tortilla. Add strips of chicken in the center of the tortilla, leaving about 2-3 inches from the bottom edge of the tortilla (for wrapping margin). Then add slices of fresh cucumber, red onions, and tomato as desired. Drizzle additional honey mustard over the top, for more flavoring.
- Fold the bottom portion of the tortilla up over the fillings. Then fold one side of the tortilla in, toward the middle. Then gently roll the tortilla around to form a burrito-style wrap.
- Serve with garnishes of remaining cucumber slices and a sprig of fresh cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
WHAT A REALLY GREAT WAY TO SERVE UP CHICKEN ~ This is really AN AWESOME RECIPE, & one that I'm happy to keep on hand to make often! I particularly enjoyed the honey/mustard sauce & can see myself using that for other things as well! Thanks, much, for sharing it with us! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Recipe tag]