Marinated Flank Steak With Mustard Sauce
Works well for a dinner party, barbecue party or Sunday dinner for the family. Serve with warm corn muffins/bread and salads, goes well with a rice/veggie salad.You'll get many compliments.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 8mins
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mustard (use your favorite, I use Dijon)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- cayenne pepper (a few grains)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) lean flank steak, trimmed
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine first 8 ingredients, for marinade, in a large, shallow non-mental dish; stir well.
- Add steaks, turning to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight, turning steaks occasionally.
- Steaks can be marinated in a zip lock bag, remove air and seal tightly, turn bag now and then.
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard marinade.
- Place steaks on a rack coated with vegetable spray and place rack in a roasting pan.
- Broil 5 inches from heat- 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree on doneness.
- OR barbecue to your liking.
- To serve, cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve chilled or at room temperature with mustard sauce.
- Mustard Sauce: Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more